A LDAP Extended Request: LDAP request to check the nspmDistributionPassword value of an eDirectory object against the object's associated password in a connected system.
To use this class with the Novell Java LDAP SDK create an instance and call LDAPConnection.extendedOperation with the instance as the LDAPExtendedOperation parameter.
If the corresponding response class has been registered then the return from LDAPConnection.extendedOperation will be an instance of the response class.
To use this class with Java LDAP JNDI create an instance and call LdapContext.extendedOperation with the instance as the ExtendedRequest parameter.
The return from LdapContext.extendedOperation will be an instance of the response class.
- Rights needed:
- The request issuer must have Manage Password rights to the target object, or must be authenticated as the target object.
- To check the password of the issuer's object, the issuer must have read access to the DirXML-AccessCheckObjectPassword attribute on the target DirXML-Driver object.
- To check the password of any object, the issuer must have write access to the DirXML-AccessCheckObjectPassword attribute on the target DirXML-Driver object.
- OID: 2.16.840.1.113722.214.171.124.37
- Request data:
- ASN1OctetString object DN
- ASN1OctetString driver DN
- Manage Password rights means that the request issuer has either write access to the ACL attribute on the target object or has write access to the Password Management attribute on the target object.