Overview#AD Forest is a complete instance of Microsoft Active Directory.
AD Forest can contain one or more AD DOMAIN container objects, all of which share a common logical structure, Global Catalog, directory schema, and directory configuration, as well as automatic two-way transitive trust relationships.
By default, information in Microsoft Active Directory is shared only within the AD Forest. In this way, the AD Forest is a security boundary for the information that is contained in that instance of AD Forest.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Active Directory Functional Levels
- Directory Partition Hierarchy
- Forest Root Domain
- Global Catalog
- Internal Cross-References
- LAN Manager authentication level
- LDAP Query Examples for AD
- Partial Attribute Set
- Schema Directory Partition
- Set Active Directory Password From Java