Overview#Card Issuer is the bank that issued the Credit Card and owns the PAN
- Recruit Cardholders and enter into contract with them to provide bankcards for making purchases and/or withdrawing cash.
- Extend credit to and/or manage Cardholder accounts (funds on deposit or credit limit etc.).
- Bill the Cardholder – preparing and delivering Cardholder statements.
- Pay the Acquirer for payments made to Merchants on behalf of the Card Issuer’s cardholders – directly or via a Payment Network.
- Finance the purchase transactions as Acquirer is paid immediately or within a few days whereas, in the case of credit and charge cards, funds are received from the Cardholder
- Receive Interchange Fee from the Acquirer for transactions made by Card Issuer’s Cardholders at the Acquirer’s Merchants.
Card Issuer is one member of the The Four-Party Credit Card System
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Apple Pay
- Authorization Request Cryptogram
- Back-End Processors
- Bank Card Number
- Card Processor
- Cardholder Verification Method
- Dynamic CVV Value
- EMV Liability Shift
- EMV Terms
- Enciphered PIN by ICC
- Four-Party Credit Card System
- IDM Related Compliance Items
- Issuer Identification Number
- Offline Authorization
- Offline Transactions
- Online Authorization
- Online Card Authentication
- Payment Card
- Payment Card Industry
- Payment Network
- Payment Token
- Payment Token-Key
- Risk Parameter
- Secure Element
- Token Service Provider
- Trusted Service Manager
- [#1] - Developing and Managing a Successful Payment Cards Business - based on data observed:2015-05-18
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.