Overview#Changelog typically refers to the concept by which all LDAP Server operations are written to a special kind of database that is used by some LDAP Server Implementations to keep track of the changes that occur in a Directory System Agent instance.
Many Changelogs are implemented in a proprietary method and do not follow any published standard.
The Definition of an Object Class to Hold LDAP Change Records is the attempt to make the Changelog format a standard.Attribute found in the RootDSE which is a special kind of database that is used by some LDAP Server Implementations to keep track of the changes that occur in a 'Directory System Agent instance. There are two different kinds of changelogs:
- A replication Changelog stores change information in a format needed for replication.
- An LDAP-accessible Changelog that represents its data in the format specified in draft-good-ldap-changelog that allows clients to learn about the changes that have occurred in the directory environment.
- OID of 2.16.840.1.1137184.108.40.206
- NAME: Changelog
- DESC: the distinguished Name of the entry which contains the set of entries comprising this server's changelog
- EQUALITY: distinguishedNameMatch
- SYNTAX: 220.127.116.11.4.1.1418.104.22.168.12
- Used as MUST in:
- Used MAY in:
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.