Overview#Consent as defined by dictionary.com:
verb (used without object)#
- to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often followed by to or an infinitive):
- He consented to the proposal. We asked her permission, and she consented.
- Which is the same as, "He authorized the proposal. We asked her permission, and she granted Authorization".
- Archaic. to agree in sentiment, opinion, etc.; be in harmony.
- permission, approval, or agreement; compliance; acquiescence:
- He gave his consent to the marriage.
- Which is the same as, He Authorized the marriage.
- agreement in sentiment, opinion, a course of action, etc.:
- By common consent he was appointed official delegate.
- Which is the same as, "he was Authorized as the official delegate.
- Archaic. accord; concord; harmony.
Wikipedia#Consent is agreement or permission to do or allow something. Consent Standards Consent vs Authorization) in Consent and Authorized, Authorise or Authorization other than the noun vs verb thing.
There maybe some narrow legal definitions (think HIPAA) that delineate differences between consent and authorization but in general, they are the same.Consent Mechanisms
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Authorization Request
- Authorization Server
- Consent Mechanism
- Consent Receipts
- Consent Revocation
- Consent Standards
- Consent vs Authorization
- Data Pedigree
- Data Privacy
- Data Provenance
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Identity Proofing
- Informed Consent
- Law of User Control and Consent
- Life Management Platform
- OAuth Scope Example
- Privacy Consent Directive
- Prompt Parameter
- Qiy Foundation
- Sovereign-source Identity
- Standards Based SSO
- The Seven Laws Of Identity
- Treatment, Payment and Health care Operations
- UMA Use Case
- United States Judiciary
- Web Blog_blogentry_050116_1
- [#1] - Consent - based on information obtained 2013-04-10
- [#2] - What is the difference between consent and authorization under the Privacy Rule? - based on information obtained 2016-02-28-
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.