Download a copy of INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE or get them from the MS resource kit.
1 - Open up an MS-DOS command prompt.
2 - Type the following command: INSTSRV service name SRVANY.EXE where service name is the name of the service you are setting up. The service name can be whatever you want, but should be descriptive. You also need the full path to SRVANY.EXE such as c:\temp\srvany.exe
3 - Remove service example:
- INSTSRV MyService REMOVE were "Myservice" is the service name.
4 - Open up the Registry Editor (Click on the Start Button, select Run, and type REGEDIT)
- Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\service name
- From the Edit menu, select New, select Key, and name the new key Parameters
- Highlight the Parameters key
- From the Edit menu, select New, select String Value, and name the new value Application
- From the Edit menu, select Modify, and type in the full path name and application name, including the drive letter and file extension Example: C:\WIndows\System32\regedt32.exe
5 - Close the Registry Editor.
Open up the properties of the Service, in services. Under the log On tab, check Local System Account radial with the "Allow service to interact with desktop" box checked.
Start the Service, and it should open regedit running as system.