Overview #Directory-Based Information Services (DBIS, pronounced "dee-biss") is a replacement for the Network Information Service (NIS) and RFC 2307. Published as a series of Internet Drafts, DBIS seeks to modernise the way that users, groups and network services are defined and managed on UNIX and Linux systems.
The Internet Drafts are currently available on the IETF website:
- DBIS Mapping Objects: draft-bannister-dbis-mapping
- DBIS Netgroups and Netservices: draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup
- DBIS Users and Groups: draft-bannister-dbis-passwd
- DBIS Hosts, Networks and Services: draft-bannister-dbis-hosts
- DBIS Devices: draft-bannister-dbis-devices
- DBIS Automounter: draft-bannister-dbis-automounter
- DBIS Custom Maps: draft-bannister-dbis-custom
Other articles about DBIS:
More Information #There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.