Overview#Data Protection is the Access Control applied to Data which relies on proper Data Classification
Data Protection is part of Data Management includes:
- Data Access Governance (DAG)
- Access Control - which includes considerations for Digital Rights Management and Information Rights Management
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Disposal
Some General Observations#When technology allows anyone with a mobile Device the ability to take a snapshot of a piece of paper or a computer screen, it seems it must be assumed if they can view it, they can capture it. IDSA Integration Framework describes Data Protection as:
- Data Access Governance (DAG) - The discovery and Data Protection of data across the enterprise and manages the process of how users are granted access to this data
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) - Allows the registration of Mobile Devices to safely leverage Single Sign-On (SSO) for access to cloud computing and Native applications. In addition, the chain of trust associated with a registered device exposes device attributes and compliance rules.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) - Prevention of the distribution of sensitive data by utilizing sufficient risk based definitions to determine the appropriate level of assurance.
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) - Utilizes the deep analysis capabilities to provide Adaptive Risk analytics to identify compromised credentials and potential risks that can then be used in authentication decisions.