Overview#NOTE: all locations are shown as defaults; file locations may vary based on OS Platform and your specific installation.
When debugging for your own troubleshooting or for Novell Support, please obtain the following information:
- Debug output from the pam.conf file from the syslog see Debugging PAM Issues
- Version of the OS Platform Determine OS Version
- A copy of the asamplat.conf file which you can find from Fanout Configuration File Location
- Tracing output from the file specified in the asamplat.conf file. Fanout Platform Debugging
- Copies of the audit and operational log from the day the problem happened. Fanout Core Driver Debugging
- Versions of the Core Driver and Platform receiver. Check Versions of Fanout Driver
- A copy of the etc/pam.conf file
- Names of the users who are having the problem. Both the eDirectory name and the Solaris user name (if different).
Fan-out Driver and iManager#You can also circumvent using the iManager plug-in by pointing your browser directly to port 3451.. this may eliminate the possiblility of a iManager or iManager plug-in bug.
Things The Docs Never Tell You#Be sure to set the password for the for Master User: cn=ASAM System,ou=administration,dc=willeke,dc=com. If this is not set and you try to start the driver, EDIR Cores.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.