Overview#DirXML-EntitlementRef is used to indicate the assignment of an DirXML Entitlement on a recipient.
Attribute Definition#The DirXML-EntitlementRef AttributeTypes is defined as:
- OID of 2.16.840.1.1137126.96.36.199.1.2087
- NAME: DirXML-EntitlementRef
- SYNTAX: 2.16.840.1.1137188.8.131.52.1.15 Tagged Name and String
- UPPERBOUND: 64512
- USAGE DirectoryOperation
USED AS OPTIONAL IN: #
DirXML-EntitlementRef Remarks#The VolumeName Field (or DN) portion of the path syntax value refers to the DirXML-Entitlement object.
Because the attribute is Write-managed, the agent setting the DirXML-EntitlementRef attribute value on an eDirectory object must have write access to the DirXML-EntitlementRef attribute on the object that is being written to and must also have write access to the ACL attribute on the DirXML-Entitlement object that is referred to by the DN portion of the DirXML-EntitlementRef value.
Bit 0 of the 32-bit integer is used for this flag value and is known as the state bit where:
- 0 means revoked
- 1 means granted
Bit 1 is used to flag a granted entitlement that is the result of the upgrade process and is known as the upgrade bit where:
- 1 means that the entitlement was previously granted in the legacy format and is therefore not a change in the entitlement state.
Bits 2-31 are reserved for future use.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- DirXML Entitlements
- Entitlement Granting Agent Correlation ID
- Examples using Entitlements Policies
- NameSpaceType Field
- Removing Novell Granted Entitlements