IDM RA Checklist for HR System#Client Information Gathering Session Questions
- What is the name and version of the system you are using (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft)?
- (PS only) what version of PS Tools are you on?
- (SAP only) are you currently using CUA?
- What database and version does the system reside on?
- What modules are you using? What version of each?
- What operating system and version are you running?
- What platform are the application servers?
- Are you up-to-date on patches and fixes? (Last Patch Installed)
- Are you using any type of authentication? If so, explain authentication type and process.
- Have you customized any of the core tables? Explain.
- Do you enter future dated transactions? If yes, when would a new hire be granted access to the system? When would a terminated employee need access revoked?
- Do you make corrections to historical transactions?
- What is the unique identifier in your system for employees and how is it created? (i.e.: employee number, system generated)
- Is this unique identifier ever deleted or reused?
- Can an employee have more than one unique identifier? (i.e.: can an employee be more than one employee type at the same time)
- Can employees have more than one primary job record?
- Do you have non-employees in your system? If yes, how are the identified?
- How many active employees/non-employees to you have in your system?
- Number of Employees
- Number of Non-Employees
- How are the following people handled
- Do you store employee email address in your system?
- Do you store legal name and how is it formatted?
- Do you store preferred name and how is it formatted?
- Do you use extended characters when storing names (i.e.: hyphens, accents, umlauts)?
- Do you use prefix and/or suffix names (i.e.: Dr, Jr, III)
- Is there any way to derive employees network and application access requirements from your HR system?
- Which of these basic employee fields are stored and maintained in your HR system and what is the format for each (i.e.: length = 8 numeric zero filled, length = 30 mixed open text)?
- Employee Number
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Initial / Name
- Department Number
- Department Description
- Location Code
- Location Description
- Job Code
- Business Title
- Work Phone Number
- Manager Employee Number
- Manager Name
- Email Address
- Insert Other Fields Available
- Is there any data available from other systems that you would want sent back and stored in your HR database? (i.e.: email address)
- Are there any known data cleansing issues?
- What is your business process for a new hire?
- What is your business process for a termination?
- Is account access still required after an employee is terminated? (i.e.: manager access to email account)
- What is your business process for a retiring employee?
- When an employee retires is there any system access that they retain?
- What is your business process for a rehire?
- When an employee is rehired do they get their original unique identifier (employee number)?
- What is your business process for a leave of absence?
- What is your business process for a return from leave?
- What is your business process for a transfer?
- Do you use roles in your HR system for granting access?
- How is security access handled in your system? Who maintains user access?
- Do you have employee self-service?
- Are there any batch jobs run for any of the business processes discussed?
- Would it be possible to get queries or extracts from your database? If yes, please include table names and field headings. (Discuss data needed.)
Miscellaneous#Are there any additional comments, risks, assumptions or issues that we should be aware of for this project?
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.