Overview#Edirectory Administrative Password Changes describes a Password Reset when using EDirectory
The Universal Password Policy has an "Do not expire the user's password when the administrator sets the password" (attribute nspmAdminsDoNotExpirePassword) which effects Edirectory Administrative Password Changes:
- TRUE - The passwordExpirationTime is cleared and the passwordExpirationTime will be set on the next login.
- FALSE - The "Do not expire the user's password when the administrator sets the password" (nspmAdminsDoNotExpirePassword) is FALSE AND
- The "Number of days before password expires" (passwordExpirationInterval) has a value other than "0".
- 1992-01-01 - If an administrator changes a NDS Password it's expired to 1992-01-01.
- 2017-04-26-10:01:023 (Current Time) - If if using NMAS (including Universal Password).
When changing programmatically#When changing programmatically the passwordExpirationTime will be set to the same time as the pwdChangedTime which would be the time the password was changed.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.