Overview#Edirectory Replicas are copies of NDS Partitions on different servers.
Rules for Replicas#There are a few Rules for Replicas:
- Each server can store more than 65,000 eDirectory replicas; however, only one replica of the same user-defined partition can exist on the same server.
- Novell recommends that you keep three replicas for fault tolerance of eDirectory (assuming you have three eDirectory servers to store them on).
- A single server can hold replicas of multiple partitions.
Replica Types#There are several types of EDirectory Replicas:
- Master Replica
- Read/Write Replica
- Read-Only Replica
- Filtered Read/Write Replica
- Filtered Read-Only Replica
- Subordinate Reference Replica
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.