Overview#Electronic Health Records (EHRs) is Patient Data collected by ALL Health Care Providers and are inclusive of a broader view of a patient’s care.
Electronic Health Records, ideally, contain Patient Data from all Health Care Providers involved in a patient’s care and all authorized Health Care Providers involved in a patient’s care can access the information to provide care to that patient.
Electronic Health Records also share information with other Health Care Providers, such as laboratories and specialists.
Electronic Health Records follow patients – to the specialist, the hospital, the nursing home, or even across the country.
Electronic Health Record vs Personal Health Record vs Electronic Medical Record #
- Electronic Health Record - is Patient Data collected by ALL Health Care Providers
- Personal Health Record (PHR) - is a health record where health data and information related to the care of a patient is maintained by the patient.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) - Patient Data collected by a single Health Care Providers
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Clinical Data
- Electronic Medical Record
- Health Information Services Provider
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
- Patient Data
- Personal Health Record