Overview#Issuer (iss) is generally the Issuer of the item. Authoritative source is referred to as the Issuer Openid-configuration URL using the HTTPS scheme with no query or fragment component that the OpenID Connect Identity Provider (IDP) asserts as its Issuer Identifier.
If Issuer discovery is supported, this value MUST be identical to the Issuer value returned by WebFinger. This also MUST be identical to the iss JWT Claim Value in Identity Token issued from this Issuer.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Account Servicing Payment Service Provider
- Best Practices OpenID Connect
- Identity Token Validation
- JSON Web Token Claims
- JSON Web Tokens
- JSON-LD Examples
- Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)
- Verifiable Claims
- Web Blog_blogentry_150617_1