Overview#Kerberos SSP is a Security Support Provider as used in the Microsoft Active Directory Security Support Provider Interface
Kerberos SSP (Kerberos.dll) is the preferred choice for authentication in Windows Server.
Because Kerberos SSP is the default authentication protocol for Windows Server 2003+, all domain services support the Kerberos SSP, which includes:
- Active Directory queries using the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Remote server or workstation management using RPC calls.
- Print services.
- Client-server authentication.
- Remote file access using Common Internet File System/server message block (CIFS/SMB).
- Distributed file system management and referrals.
- Intranet authentication to Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Security authority authentication for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec).
- Certificate requests to Certificate Services for domain users and computers.