LDAP Application Readiness#You need to be sure your LDAP Application before you can use the production LDAP Environment.
This is a simply your application performing the typical LDAP calls to a LDAP server and having the LDAP Team capturing some LDAP traces to ensure your application is not performing any "non-standard" LDAP calls that could be problematic for your application or the LDAP Infrastructure.
You will need to know the following to schedule the tests:
- LDAP Accounts (Standard IDs) you will be using with your Application for testing.
- IP Address(es) of all machines that will be accessing the LDAP servers for testing.
- Which LDAP server you will be making LDAP calls.
- A brief description of the LDAP calls your Application performs. Often they would be soemthing like:
- Application Startup, Bind to LDAP Store
- User Login -
- Search for uid
- Bind as user
- Repeating of the above on LDAPS (LDAP over SSL/TLS) will be required before you can use the production LDAP services.