Overview#A message is a discrete unit of data.
A secure Message is intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients.
A Message has 3 Stages#a Message has 3 stages it can be:
- in transit between two information systems
- in process within an information system
- stored (at rest) in an information system.
- In The Wild
Encryption and Message#All three stages have a different approach towards Encryption.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
- Block cipher mode of operation
- Case Sensitivity
- Computational Hardness Assumption
- Cryptographic Hash Function
- Cryptographic Key
- Cryptographic Primitive
- Data anonymization
- Encryption And Hashing
- FIDO Server
- Group Signatures
- Hash Function
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Internet Message Access Protocol
- Item of Interest
- JSON Web Encryption
- Keyed-Hash Message Authentication Code
- Message Authentication Code
- Nested JWT
- Preimage Resistance
- Privacy Considerations
- Protocol Client
- RSA Cryptography
- Second Preimage Resistance
- Session Key
- Triple DES
- [#1] - Guidelines for building an encryption and hashing policy - part 3 - based on data observed:2015-06-29
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.