Overview#Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number (MSISDN) is the mapping of the telephoneNumber to the SIM/UICC card in a Mobile Device
Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number together with IMSI are two important numbers used for identifying a mobile subscriber. The IMSI is stored in the SIM/UICC, i.e. the card inserted into the mobile phone, and each
- IMSI uniquely identifies the Mobile Device
- MSISDN is the number used for routing calls to the subscriber.
IMSI is often used as a key in the Home Location Register (HLR) ("subscriber database") and Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number is the number normally dialed to connect a call to the Mobile Device. While the SIM/UICC has a unique IMSI that does not change, the MSISDN can change in time, i.e. different MSISDNs can be associated with the same SIM/UICC.
- Mobile Country Code (MCC) can be up to 3 digits.
- National Destination Code (NDC) usually 2 or 3 digits.
- Subscriber Number can be up to a maximum 10 digits.