This describes the Generic notes on moving a "generic" driver from one server in the IDV to another.
It is assumed that you know IDM and driver administration.
Within the Identity Vault (IDV) best practices is that the following be performed on multiple servers in the IDV:
- Install the IDM code on multiple, if not all, servers
- Add multiple, if not all servers are in the Driver set
- Drivers are disabled on all but one server
- Copy "data" from each existing driver to each server
- Set server specific remote connection parameters (if required like remote loader or EDIR-To-EDIR)
If you did the above, then You are most of the way there.
To move drivers from a source server to a destination server: Do this in advance:
- Make sure you have all PASSWORDS for the driver.
- Make sure you have all certificates ready for the destination server. You can set these in advance.
- Make sure you have all connection information for the driver on the destination server. You can set these in advance.
Then to move the driver:
- Place the source server driver(s) in manual start.
- Place the destination server driver in manual start.
- Stop the source server driver.
- Double check any remote connection parameters (if required like remote loader or EDIR-To-EDIR)
- Start the destination server driver
- You very likely will need to reset passwords for the driver.
- When you are certain the new driver is ok on the destination server, disable the source server driver.
- If desired, remove the source server from the driverset.
- Set the destination server startup to Auto.