Force A Core Dump#
- touch /tmp/.dumpcore
- /etc/init.d/novell-vmc restart
- pgrep ics_dyn (to get the PID number)
- At 100% Utilization do a kill -11 <$PID>
- send in the core.<$PID> file found in /chroot/lag directory after a coredump is forced
Tools for debugging:#I have found some tools that are helpful for debugging issues surrounding Novell Access Manager.
These tools can be used for inspecting individual pages and http transactions of running sites from a browser perspective.
Firefox#http://www.httpwatch.com/ livehttpheaders project is to add information about the HTTP headers in two ways:
- First by adding a 'Headers' tab in 'View Page Info' of a web page.
- Second by adding a tool in the 'Tools->Web Development' menu to be able to display http headers in real time (while pages are being downloaded from the Internet.
- Third by letting you edit request headers and replay an URL (beta). Look for the Replay button in the live window
IE #http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E59C3964-672D-4511-BB3E-2D5E1DB91038&displaylang=en iehttpheaders is an Explorer Bar for Microsoft Internet Explorer that will display the HTTP Headers sent and received by Internet Explorer as you surf the web. It can be useful in debugging various web-development problems related to cookies, caching, redirection, proxy servers, etc. It is nicely integrated with Microsoft Internet Explorer so you'll be able to see the HTTP headers as they sent and received from the web server, without any need to fire up an extra tool set. http://www.httpwatch.com/
Non Browser Tools#
TCDUMP#Is installed on both the AG and IDP. Will capture Ethernet stack. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcpdump http://www.wireshark.org/
Try these Tips and TIDs#
- Troubleshooting 100101044/43 errors
- Troubleshooting SAML
- Troubleshooting SSLVPN
- SSLVPN Architecture
- Troubleshooting formfill issues
Verify DNS#Without DNS, nothing works.
- Make sure the LAGs can resolve the DNS entry of the NAM DNS entry that should point to the External VIP DNS Entry.
- Make sure the LAGs can resolve the DNS entry of the application.
Curl #You can use the curl command to determine if the LAG can actually reach the NAM DNS entry of the application with the following syntax similar to:
# curl http://app.yourdomain.com <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Novell Proxy</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><b><p>HTTP request is being redirected to HTTPS.<p><A HREF="https://app.yourdomain.com:443/">redirect</A> </b></BODY></HTML>