Software is an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
The suite includes:
- SLAPD - stand-alone LDAP daemon (server)
- SLURPD - stand-alone LDAP update replication daemon
- libraries implementing the LDAP protocol, and
- utilities, tools, and sample clients.
- 220.127.116.11.4.1.4203 - The OID ARC for OpenLDAP
Also available from the OpenLDAP Project:
- JLDAP - LDAP Class Libraries for Java contributed by Novell
- JDBC-LDAP - Java JDBC - LDAP Bridge Driver contributed by Octet String
The OpenLDAP Project which was started in 1998 by Kurt Zeilenga
. The project started by cloning the LDAP reference source from the University Of Michigan where a long-running project had developed and continued the evolution of the LDAP protocol.
There might be more information for this subject on one of the following: