As stated in X.501: "There are three varieties of OperationalAttribute:
- "Directory operational attributes" which would have an Attribute Usage Flags directoryOperation
- "DSA-shared operational attributes" which would have an Attribute Usage Flags distributedOperation
- "DSA-specific operational attributes" which would have an Attribute Usage Flags dSAOperation
"Directory operational attributes"#A directory operational attribute is used to represent operational and/or administrative information in the Directory Information Model.
"DSA-shared operational attributes"#A DSA-shared operational attribute is used to represent information of the DSA Information Model that is shared between DSAs.
"DSA-specific operational attributes"#A DSA-specific operational attribute is used to represent information of the DSA Information Model that is specific to the DSA (though, in some cases, may be derived from information shared between DSAs; e.g., 'namingContexts').
The DSA Information Model operational attributes are detailed in X.501.
Operational attributes are not normally visible. They are not returned in search results unless explicitly requested by name.
Entries may contain, among others, the following operational attributes:
- creatorsName: the Distinguished Name of the user who added this entry to the directory,
- createTimestamp: the time this entry was added to the directory,
- modifiersName: the Distinguished Name of the user who last modified this entry
- modifyTimestamp: the time this entry was last modified.
Operational attributes are not included in entries returned from search operations unless they are explicitly included in the list of Attribute Selection. An explicit value of "+" (the plus sign) may also be included to request that all operational attributes be returned. RFC 3673
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Attribute Usage Flags
- Count Of Subordinates
- DIT Structure Rule
- Glossary Of LDAP And Directory Terminology
- LDAP Entry
- LDAP policy in Active Directory
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) entryUUID Operational Attribute
- Microsoft Active Directory Attributes
- Retrieving All Attributes