Overview #The Partition Root Entry is the top entry in a User-Defined Partition which will also have the Partition ObjectClass
For normal operations, including EDirectory Synchronization, to be successful, the Partition Root Entry on each server must store several important attributes and their values:
- Replica Pointers Attribute - The local server stores a pointer to the remote servers that contain a replica of this partition. This pointer structure contains, among other things, the server's ID, address, and the type of replica stored on the server.
- Partition Control Attribute - The local server uses this attribute to track the progress of operations such as splitting and joining partitions and repairing time stamps.
- Partition Status Attribute - The local server uses this attribute to store information about the success of the last synchronization cycle.
- Synchronized Up To Attribute - NetWare 4.x or earlier servers use this attribute to store a time stamp that indicates the last update the local replica received from each remote replica.
- LocalReceivedUpTo Attribute - Used in EDirectory 8.x, a non-synchronizing SINGLE-VALUED attribute whose value represents the current state in time that the local eDirecotry agent has received changes up to in EDirectory Synchronization.
- Transitive Vector Attribute - eDirectory 8.x or later servers use this attribute to store information about each replica in the ring, and the attribute includes a modification time stamp.
More Information #There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.