Overview#Privilege is used in many different Contexts. For our discussions we will generally use the description on this page.
Type Privilege could be a:
Or for Physical Privilege the the "Actions" might be:
- Lock (or un-lock)
As an Example we could have Privileges:
- "File" Privilege to "Read".
- "Door" Privilege to "Open"
Privilege does not identity:
- the Target Resource to which the Privilege applies. A permission is where the Target Resource is identified.
- the Trustee to which the Privilege applies
Although we do not claim to be the best at wordsmithing, this is how we think of things.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Access Authority
- Access Control
- Access Control Entry
- Authorization Policy
- Digital Identity
- Entitlement parameter value
- Glossary Of LDAP And Directory Terminology
- Object ACL
- OpenID Connect Claims
- OpenID Connect Scopes
- Password Administrator
- Password Policy Administrator
- Principle of least privilege
- Privilege Management Infrastructure
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.