things like customer and personal data, credit Card information, employee data, and access to processes like the recent Iranian nuclear processing centrifuges that were hacked into and then stopped and started over and over until they blew up.
For Real Risk Regulatory compliance and Standard compliance processes are not enough. Real Risk about protection and the impact is far greater than just a fine. Reputational damage, brand image, liability, and other major financial damages will impact the company.
Real Risk For Organizational Entity#PCI SSC Such standards help ensure healthy and trustworthy payment Card transactions for the hundreds of millions of people worldwide that use their cards every day.
Potential Liabilities for Organizational Entity Real Risk:
- Lost confidence, so customers go to other merchants
- Diminished sales
- Cost of reissuing new payment cards
- Fraud losses
- Higher subsequent costs of compliance
- Legal costs, settlements and judgments
- Fines and penalties
- Termination of ability to accept payment cards
- Lost jobs (CISO, CIO, CEO and dependent professional positions)
- Going out of business