Overview#Fan Out Driver
1. Make sure the host your installing Platform Services on is setup as a Platform in iManager Fan-Out Driver Configuration.
2. Copy The linux_platformservices.tar for 32 bit or linux64_platformservices.tar for 64 bit to the Linux platform you are configuring.
3. Copy the attached system-auth file to the Linux platform you are configuring.
4. Extract the linux_platformservices.tar or linux64_platformservices.tar
5. Execute the install script in the extracted /ASAM/setup/ folder.
6. Execute the script /usr/local/ASAM/bin/PlatformServices/plat-config (This will configure your /usr/local/ASAM/data/asamplat.conf file and then connect with the directory to mint the SSL certificate for secure communication with the driver.) If the certificate was not minted, and it gives an error then you will need to debug that error and reexecute the
/usr/local/ASAM/bin/PlatformServices/PlatformServicesProcess/asampsp -sto mint the SSL certificate.
7. Edit the file /usr/local/ASAM/data/asamplat.conf and add the line UPDATEPASSWORD to the bottom.
8. Copy the pam configs you are changing to a .orig extension so you can back out easily with the following:
cp /etc/pam.d/login /etc/pam.d/login.orig cp /etc/pam.d/passwd /etc/pam.d/passwd.orig cp /etc/pam.d/system-auth /etc/pam.d/system-auth.orig
9. Copy the system-auth file to /etc/pam.d
cp ./system-auth /etc/pam.d
10. Copy the included pam configurations to /etc/pam.d You may wnt to backup the original files first.
cp /usr/local/ASAM/bin/PlatformServices/pam.d/redhat.d/login /etc/pam.d cp /usr/local/ASAM/bin/PlatformServices/pam.d/redhat.d/passwd /etc/pam.d cp /usr/local/ASAM/bin/PlatformServices/pam.d/redhat.d/ftp /etc/pam.d
11. copy the Startup Scripts to the init location with these commands:
cp /usr/local/ASAM/data/UnixStartupScripts/asampspd /etc/init.d cp /usr/local/ASAM/data/UnixStartupScripts/asamrcvrd /etc/init.d
12. Add these two lines as a header to the init scripts asampspd and asamrcvrd below the #!/bin/bash
#chkconfig: 2345 80 05 #description: Platform Services
13. Now we can add the init scripts to the init process with the following commands:
chkconfig asampspd on chkconfig asamrcvrd on
14. Start the Daemons
service asampspd start service asamrcvrd start
15. Check for Daemons Running
ps -aux | grep asamIf Daemons are not running then start the one that is not and then check again.
16. Now check your Authentication and that everything has provisioned to the Platform