Do this FIRST#
- Stop any monitoring scripts in CRON as shown at CRON.
- From the interactive eDirectory install menu, select option #3, then option #3:
- Insert/Remove server from eDirectory tree 3 - Remove this server from the TREE
- Follow the prompts.
Warning This Option Will Destroy NDS#This will remove the NDS from this server.
You may want to backup the DIB and log files first and place them safe place. Is reccomended that a you do a Full Backup before performing this function. Then copy the gz file to a safe place, not in /var/nds.
It will also:
- Delete all /var/nds/*.log files
- Delete /etc/nds.conf file (So you can't even start nds)
- Delete /etc/hosts.nds (so it you reinstall it re-builds this file)
- If you answer yse to "Remove All packages and files associated with any version of eDirectory or the Related Products?"
- WARNING SCRUBS all Novell Scripts, packages, DIBs from the server. Will also remove the /var/nds/dib directory
Do This After#If this was a multi-server tree, the LDAP Group, SAS, and KMO objects from the removed server will remain. Use ConsoleOne to carefully delete those objects.
WARNING Be sure you have a connection with iManager or ConsoleOne to a server you are not removing from the tree.
Take care not to delete LDAP Group, SAS, or KMO objects from remaining servers.