Introduction#This document is a work in progress... the configurations and approaches listed here are still very much in flux.
- Multicast is not available in any way that would be useful to this infrastructure
- All eDirectory servers will point to static DA's
Using OpenSLP with eDirectory documentation#
- Need to run 2-4 SLPDA's. Prefer Linux (RPM attached or latest from OpenSLP.org).
Solaris provides binaries for Solaris 8 and 9. However, there seems to be interoperability issues, as this could not be successfully setup in the lab.
- Need to define what /etc/slp.conf (Linux) /etc/inet/slp.conf (Solaris) should look like for DA servers; samples:
- Need a standard /etc/slpuasa.conf deployed to all servers; sample:
- Modify build to deploy the proper .conf file to each eDir server
- Re-enable the /etc/rc2.d/S74uasaslp on all eDir servers -- so UA/SA starts up on system reboot
- Check for services on next eDir restart; examples follow:
Check with Novell SLP (Linux and Solaris)#
# slpinfo -s "ndap.novell///" service:ndap.novell:///LNX-TEST. service:ndap.novell:///BLANK. # slpinfo -s "bindery.novell///" service:bindery.novell:///UNKNOWN service:bindery.novell:///INO0L999
Check with Linux OpenSLP#
# slptool findsrvs service:ndap.novell service:ndap.novell:///LNX-TEST.,3330 service:ndap.novell:///BLANK.,3330 # slptool findsrvs service:bindery.novell service:bindery.novell:///INO0L999,3330 service:bindery.novell:///UNKNOWN,3330
To direct the query to another DA or SA:
slptool unicastfindsrvs 10.129.110.80 service:ndap.novell slptool unicastfindsrvs 10.129.110.80 service:bindery.novell
Here are some other useful slptool queries:
- Lists discovered service agents. The current system should show up in the output.
slptool findsrvs service:service-agent
- Lists discovered directory agents.
slptool findsrvs service:directory-agent
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following: ...nobody
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.