Top-down password synchronization is done by choosing one platform where all password changes and resets are performed and allowing passwords to synchronize to the other platforms.
- The Top-Down synchronization would allow password complexity parameters to be implemented at one point.
- Password enforcement would be done at the time the password is set at one point and the other platforms would not necessarly need to perform password complexity enforcement.
- Less complex than bi-directional password synchronization.
- As users can no longer change their password from any of the platforms, there is a change to the user experience.
- Password enforcement points need to be coordinated.
- It maybe difficult to disable users from changing passwords in down-stream systems.