Overview#United States Federal Agency Legislative definitions of a United States Federal Agency are varied, and even contradictory, and the official United States Government Manual offers no definition.
While the Administrative Procedure Act definition of "agency" applies to most executive branch agencies, United States Congress may define a United States Federal Agency however it chooses in enabling legislation, and subsequent litigation, often involving the Freedom of Information Act and the Government in the Sunshine Act. These further cloud attempts to enumerate a list of United States Federal Agency.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Information Processing Standard
- Federal Information Security and Management Act
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Inc
- For Official Use Only
- Internal Revenue Service
- Internet Protocol Suite
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission