U2F) protocol is a FIDO protocol is an open authentication standard that strengthens and simplifies Multi-Factor Authentication using specialized USB or NFC devices based on similar security technology found in Smart Cards.
Universal Second Factor Authentication process#In a U2F deployment the Authentication process is similar to
- the user logs in to an Service Provider as usual (ie using Password Authentication)
- the user is presented with a Challenge user "unlocks" the U2F device by using a Personal Entity presence.
- U2F device proves possession of the Private Key to the Service Provider by signing the challenge.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Credential Management
- FIDO protocols
- Fast IDentity Online
- U2F device
- Universal Second Factor Challenges
- What To Do About Passwords
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.