Overview#WEB Agents are programs that are installed on every WEB/application server, register with those servers, and are called at every request for a web page.
Typically, WEB Agents WAM are used in regards to a WEB Access Management product.
The WEB Agent intercept the request and communicate with an external policy server to make policy decisions.
Advantages of WEB Agents WAM#
- they can be highly customized for unique needs of a particular web server.
Drawbacks of WEB Agents WAM#
- Installation are required on every protected web server
- Agents are typically different for every platform (and potentially for every version)
- Need to have an WEB Agents WAM for all required Platforms (and potentially for every version)
- upgrades to agents must be distributed and compatible with every platform (and potentially for every version)
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.