Things from today#
- Credential Service Provider
- Attribute Provider (AP) - Manages and provides assertions of identity attributes to other relying and federated parties.
- Attribute Provider Statement (APS) - A document that captures the security, privacy, data protection, and attribute management practices of a given attribute provider or party acting as an attribute provider for a given set of transactions.
- Attribute Value Metadata (AVM) - Data describing an asserted value for an associated attribute.
- Authorization - The decision to permit or deny a subject access to resources (e.g., network, data, application, services) based on the evaluation of access control policies.
- Credential Service Provider (CSP) - An entity that issues digital credentials to subjects and issues or registers authenticators for subjects’ use. A CSP may be an independent third party, or may issue credentials for its own use. A CSP may provide and verify attributes or may include attributes provided or verified by other entities.
- Federation - A process that allows for the conveyance of identity attributes and authentication information across a set of networked systems.
- Identity Provider (IDP) - A CSP in a federation that manages the subject’s primary authentication credentials and issues assertions derived from those credentials.
- Metadata - Structured information that describes, explains, locates, or otherwise makes it easier to retrieve, use, or manage an information resource. Metadata is often called data about information or information about information.
- Relying Party (RP) - An entity that relies upon a subject’s authenticator(s) and credentials or an IDP’s assertion of a subject’s identity, typically to process a transaction or to grant access to information or a system.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following: ...nobody
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.