Dogs vs Drones#
- An estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur annually in the US.
- An estimated 368,245 persons are treated in emergency departments for nonfatal dog bites annually.
- Approximately 42% of dog bites occurred in children aged less than 14 years.
- Dog bite rates were significantly higher for boys (293.2 per 100,000) than for girls (216.7 per 100,000).
- Work-related dog bites are also a significant injury problem, 16,476 dog bites, or 7.9% of total dog bite injuries were work-related.
- Children sustained 3.2 times higher bite rates that required medical attention than adults (6.4 per 1000 v. 2 per 1000).
- Young children were more likely than adults to be bitten on the head, neck or face.
- In 1986 there were 585,000 dog bite injuries that required medical attention.
- By 1995 there were 800,000, a 36% increase from 1986 to 1995.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following: ...nobody
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.