App is primarily a publisher of data.#
- Direct sync is less invasive.
- Triggerless publication in JDBC 2.x.
App is primarily a subscriber.#
- Indirect may be easier, because INSTEAD OF triggers can be a hassle.
- Delegation of development responsibilities.
- App vendor comfort levels / support.
Most common is the indirect method.#There is usually a better mix as the DBA probably will want to have more control of data flow.
We believe Indirect is more flexible and sustainable over long periods of time. As the tables change within the Database, the DBA can make changes without requiring modifications of the IDM Drivers.
Add new attachment
Only authorized users are allowed to upload new attachments.