Passfilt.dll is Microsoft's implementation of a password filter.
- first to validate the new password
- and then, after all filters have validated the new password, to notify the AD Password Filters that the change has been made.
AD Password Filters are used to enforce Password Policy. Filters validate new passwords and indicate whether the new password conforms to the implemented password policy.
- For an overview of using password filters, see Using Password Filters.
- For a list of password filter functions, see Password Filter Functions.
The following topics provide more information about password filters:
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- AD Driver version 22.214.171.124
- Active Directory and Passwords
- DirXML PWFILTER.DLL
- LSA Protection
- Password Flow From Active Directory to eDirectory