API Economy is evolving out of Responsive Organizations that realize:
- Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles.
- Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content.
- Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory.
- Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.”
The New York Times needs to write, fact check, buy paper, print and distribute newspapers to get their ad money. Facebook provides a platform for us to write our own content, and Twitter monetizes the front page of newspapers, which happens to now be the Twitter feed.
The value is in the Application Programing Interface (API), not the products. It’s not just the smart home. Uber provides average cars in a premium way; Seamless makes the most disgusting of greasy kebab joints appealing and makes its margin from both sides. iTunes for many years took virtually all the profit made in the entire music industry by being just the thin software between the hard work making tunes and the money selling them.
How to Build API Economy#Ldapwiki has no idea. But a few concepts that enable the API Economy have become evident:
- Agile - Ability to Change faster
- Be open to change
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- API Planing
- OAuth Scope Example
- Web Blog_blogentry_160718_1
- Web Blog_blogentry_250816_1