Overview#Actionable Intelligence is data that a process is applied to which makes the data useful.
- Value - value or validity meaning is the data correct and accurate for the intended use. Clearly valid data is key to making the right decisions.
- Variety - data comes in the form of emails, photos, videos, monitoring devices, PDFs, audio, etc. This variety of unstructured data creates problems for storage, mining and analyzing data.
- Volume - Big data implies enormous volumes of data. It used to be employees created data. Now that data is generated by machines, networks and human interaction on systems like social media the volume of data to be analyzed is massive.
- Velocity - Data Velocity deals with the pace at which data flows in from sources like business processes, machines, networks and human interaction with things like social media sites, mobile devices, etc.
- Veracity - Data Veracity refers to the biases, noise and abnormality in data. Is the data that is being stored, and mined meaningful to the problem being analyzed.
Ideally only Actionable Intelligence for solving the problem is presented.
Variety may, or may not, be reduced, depending on the screening process used in filtering the data.
Value, velocity, and veracity (accuracy) should all increase with the decrease in volume.