Overview#Application Layer is a Communication Layers and conceptual division of methods in the layered architecture of protocols in the network stack.
Although both models use the same term for their respective highest level layer, the detailed definitions and purposes are different.
Internet Protocol Suite Application Layer #Application Layer contains the communications protocols and interface methods used in process-to-process communications across an Internet Protocol (IP) computer network.
The Application Layer only standardizes communication and depends upon the underlying Transport Layer protocols to establish host-to-host data transfer channels and manage the data exchange in a client-server or peer-to-peer networking model.OSI-Model the definition of the Application Layer is narrower in scope. The OSI-Model defines the Application Layer as the User Interface responsible for displaying received information to the user.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- AWS Application Load Balancer
- Application Layer Security
- Application Load Balancing
- Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation
- CBOR Web Token
- Client To Authenticator Protocol
- Communication Layers
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- ISO Development Environment
- Internet Message Access Protocol
- Internet Protocol Security
- Internet Protocol Suite
- Internet Relay Chat
- Internet Threat Model
- Mobile Application Part
- OAuth 2.0 JWT Secured Authorization Request
- Presentation Layer
- Proxy Server
- Reliable Asynchronous Event Transport
- Secure connection
- Server Message Block
- Transparent Proxy
- Transport Layer