Overview#Application Programming Interface (API), in programming, is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications.
An Application Programming Interface expresses a software component in terms of its operations, inputs, outputs, and underlying types, defining functionalities that are independent of their respective implementations, which allows definitions and implementations to vary without compromising the interface.
A good Application Programming Interface makes it easier to develop a Application by providing all the building blocks, which are then put together by the programmer.
Application Programming Interface Versioning#
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- API Economy
- API versioning
- AWS API
- Data Scraping
- Distributed system
- Document Object Model
- Fetch API
- Financial API
- GCP Permission
- Hardware Abstraction Layer
- How Domain Controllers Are Located in Windows
- Interface Description Language
- Java Card
- Message Passing Interface
- Messaging Application Programming Interface
- OAuth 2.0 Actors
- Operating-system-level virtualization
- Transmission Control Protocol
- Web Blog_blogentry_160718_1