Project Objective#The Objective of the NIS-LDAP Integration project will centralize and standardize how Unix/Linux User Authentication and Authorization is implemented across the Unix/Linux platforms within the Petrotechnical Computing Environment.
Project Solution#The solution as implemented was:
- Creating a new connected Unix/Linux Edirectory Tree to be utilized for Unix/Linux
- using the PAM LDAP and PAM NSS modules as provided by the various OS vendors for Authentication and Authorization
- Using Novell Identity Manager for connections to a new Identity Vault
- Auto creation of uidNumbers and gidNumbers using the Novell Identity Manager Drivers
- Portal for managing the Posix Accounts and NSS Entries.