Overview #BackLink is part of a Linked Attribute that allows a Relationship to be built between ObjectClasses
BackLink Microsoft Active Directory#BackLink is an AttributeType which has an odd number value for the LinkID within the AttributeSchema
Forward links (or Forward Reference) attributes always have a LinkID even value and for every Forward link the next LinkID value is, of course, an odd value and is the LinkID to the corresponding BackLink attribute.NDS External References has two parts:
- The Distinguished Name(s) of the server(s) holding the external reference; this name is commonly referred to as the Remote Server Name.
- The Entry ID of the remote server, usually referred to as the Remote ID.
- OID of 2.16.840.1.113718.104.22.168.1.6
- NAME: BackLink
- DESC: In NetWare 4.x, attached to any object for which an NDS External References is required by a remote server.
- OBSOLETE flag (only if present)
- (only if present)
- SYNTAX: 2.16.840.1.113722.214.171.124.1.23 Tagged Name
- USAGE DirectoryOperation
- Extended Flags: