Configuration objects store information about sites, services, and directory partitions. You can view the contents of the Configuration container by using ADSIedit.
Configuration Directory Partition contains configuration information for the whole AD Forest. For example, it contains information about sites in the forest and partition defined in the Active Directory database.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Active Directory Configuration Related Searches
- Directory Partition Hierarchy
- Directory Partition Subtrees
- Domain Naming Master FSMO Role
- Forest Root Domain
- LDAP Query Examples for AD
- LDAP policy in Active Directory