Overview#Container depends on the context
Container in Application Development#Container are Operating-system-level virtualization is a computer Virtualization method in which the kernel of an Operating System allows the existence of multiple isolated user-space instances, instead of just one.
Container virtualization engines (VEs) or jails (FreeBSD jail or chroot jail), may look like real computers from the point of view of programs running in them.
On Unix-like operating systems, this technology can be seen as an advanced implementation of the standard chroot mechanism. In addition to isolation mechanisms, the kernel often provides resource-management features to limit the impact of one Container's activities on other containers.
Container Some Advantages:
- Environment Consistency - Containers enable portability and help reduce the organizational and technical frictions of moving an application through the Development tier, Testing tier, and Production tier life cycle.
- Operational Efficiency - Containers can help you get more from your computing resources by allowing to you easily run multiple applications on the same instance. (Elasticity, Scalability)
- Developer Productivity - Containers increase developer productivity by removing cross-service dependencies and conflicts.
- Version Control - Container allow you to track versions of your application code and their dependencies.
Container Microsoft Active Directory#A ObjectClass Type that is used to hold other classes.
LDAP ObjectClass Definition#The ObjectClass Type is defined as:
- OID: 1.2.840.1135184.108.40.206
- ObjectClass-Name: Container
- SUP: top
- systemPossSuperiors: msDS-AzScope, msDS-AzApplication, msDS-AzAdminManager, subnet, server, nTDSService, domainDNS, organization, configuration, container, organizationalUnit
- rdnAttId: Cn
- SchemaIDGUID: bf967a8b-0de6-11d0-a285-00aa003049e2
- Extended Flags:
- SystemFlags: FLAG_SCHEMA_BASE_OBJECT
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- AWS Application Load Balancer
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Elastic Container Registry
- AWS Elastic Container Service
- Cloud Native
- Container Orchestration
- Containerization vs Metadata
- Functions as a Service
- Google Container Engine
- Groups Are Bad
- Infrastructure As Code
- Kubernetes Node
- Kubernetes Pod
- Windows registry