Overview#Data Processor is the entity that processes data for on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Processor General Data Protection Regulation#Data Processor is the Legal Person that processes Personal data for on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Processors must:
- have a contract with a Data Controller and abide by the terms.
- keep an Auditing log of all processing activities
- NOT delegate processing duties to others without approval with the Data Controller
Violations by Data Processor can be fined up to 10M Euro ($11,603,700.00) or 2% of global revenue whichever is greater.
data processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Data In Process
- Data Ownership
- Data Processing Agreement
- Data aggregator
- Data processing
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Personal data