Overview#NOTE: all locations are shown as defaults; file locations may vary based on OS Platform and your specific installation.
When debugging for your own troubleshooting or for Novell Support, please obtain the following information:
- Debug output from the pam.conf file from the syslog see Debugging PAM Issues
- Version of the OS Platform Determine OS Version
- A copy of the asamplat.conf file which you can find from Fanout Configuration File Location
- Tracing output from the file specified in the asamplat.conf file. Fanout Platform Debugging
- Copies of the audit and operational log from the day the problem happened. Fanout Core Driver Debugging
- Versions of the Core Driver and Platform receiver. Check Versions of Fanout Driver
- A copy of the etc/pam.conf file
- Names of the users who are having the problem. Both the eDirectory name and the Solaris user name (if different).