Decentralized Public Key Infrastructure focuses primarily on decentralized key-value Data Stores, called blockchains, but it is perfectly capable of supporting other technologies that provide similar or superior security properties.
- The specific ledger against which the DID method operates;
- The format of the method-specific identifier;
- The CRUD operations (create, read, update, delete) for DIDs and DDOs on that ledger.
More Information#There might be more information for this subject on one of the following:
- Decentralized Key Management System
- Identity Overlay Network
- Key Management
- Public Key Infrastructure Weaknesses
- W3C Decentralized Identifiers
- Web of Trust