Overview#Edirectory Administrative Password Changes describes a Password Reset when using EDirectory
The Universal Password Policy has an "Do not expire the user's password when the administrator sets the password" which effects Edirectory Administrative Password Changes:
- TRUE - The passwordExpirationTime is cleared and the passwordExpirationTime will be set on the next login.
- FALSE - The "Do not expire the user's password when the administrator sets the password" (nspmAdminsDoNotExpirePassword) is FALSE AND
- The "Number of days before password expires" (passwordExpirationInterval) has a value other than "0".
- 1992-01-01 - If an administrator changes a NDS Password it's expired to 1992-01-01.
- 2020-06-07-05:16:040 (Current Time) - If using NMAS (including Universal Password) the passwordExpirationTime will be set to the same time as the pwdChangedTime which would be the time the password was changed.