Overview#FHIR Resource is a Resource contained within a Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
FHIR Resource is an entity that:
- FHIR Resource.id - has a known identity (a URL) by which it can be addressed once assigned, this value never changes.
- FHIR Resource.type - identifies itself as one of the types of resource defined in the FHIR specification
- contains a set of Structured data items as described by the definition of the resource type
- has an identified version that changes if the contents of the FHIR Resource change
FHIR Resource has Classification groups.
- internal id - SHALL be Unique Identifier within a given Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources
- Primitive data types, that add a primitive value property of the specified type
- Complex data types, that add their own children (all of which are also FHIR Resource)
- BackboneElement, A specialization that adds modifierExtension, which is the super-type of all the element types defined in Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources definitions (e.g. Patient.contact)
FHIR Resource MUST have a @value or children FHIR Resource